

This postcard has been sold
Engraved illustration of the New Castle of Saint-Germain-en-Laye in the 17th century, showing the main façade and groups of people in the courtyard. The printed text indicates that the castle was built by Henry III and completed under Henry IV, but destroyed in 1776, with the Henry IV pavilion remaining. On the reverse, the postcard bears the mentions 'Correspondence' and 'Address' with handwritten text 'S 2nd' and traces of folds.